Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update

i have a MacBook Air that operating system OX 10.10.5. I did a software update to itunes version 12.8.1 Now Safari will not work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 5:41 PM

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

26 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2018 5:41 PM in response to crzkatz

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Dec 14, 2018 6:32 AM in response to crzkatz

I have the exact same issue last night after the 12.8.1 update. Also iTunes does not recognize any phones or devices and I cant sync it now.

SafariDAVClient quit unexpectedly, this is part of the report....

Process:               SafariDAVClient [5029]

Path:                  /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BookmarkDAV.framework/Versions/A/Helpers/SafariDAVClient

Identifier:            SafariDAVClient

Version:               ???

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           SafariDAVClient [5029]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-12-13 19:29:41.180 -0500

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F2511)

Report Version:        11

Time Awake Since Boot: 3800 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcrypto.35.dylib

Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice

Reason: image not found

And now with iTunes the error states MobileDeviceUpdater quit unexpectedly...

Process:               MobileDeviceUpdater [8548]

Path:                  /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MobileDeviceUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/MobileDeviceUpdater

Identifier:            MobileDeviceUpdater

Version:               ???

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           MobileDeviceUpdater [8548]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-12-14 09:13:03.812 -0500

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F2511)

Report Version:        11

Sleep/Wake UUID:       73779247-BDFE-4301-9A05-3A6CB5D239E5

Time Awake Since Boot: 14000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       890 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcrypto.35.dylib

Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice

Reason: image not found

I am running 10.10.5 and refuse to update unless Apple pays for all new software for my business. It seems like a string of issues. First the phones last year slowing down and battery draining because the user is not buying Apples new products and now this with the Laptops. I already had my G4 computer become obsolete when it was working fine.

I read another forum and the person upgraded to Mohave and Safari worked again. This is not an option.

So what is the solution???????????

Dec 14, 2018 7:50 AM in response to 海达

THANK YOU!!!!! Safari works and will be testing if iTunes see's my iPhone to sync and backup next! Wish I knew in detail software, coding and computers. I know a little but not as much as I wish. I can't understand what happened with the "MobileFramework" the moment iTunes automatically updated to 12.8.1. Seems like an software issue. Wonder if its an issue with the iTunes update directly or because I am using a Macbook Pro 2011 running Yosemite 10.10.5...

Thanks again! I spent 3 hours last night reading and trying to figure out what was the issue...

Dec 14, 2018 9:25 AM in response to Jayaro

I'm glad to know it's not just me. I don't think I have the know how to fix the problem. I followed the instructions for logging in as another user and Safari worked fine. I think logged on in Safe Mode and it didn't work. I don't know where to turn next. This has got to be fixed. It's my work computer.

Dec 14, 2018 2:09 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks again Eric! I got as far as System folder. Select Library, then PrivateFrameworks. Then MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice. After that I saw the Restore button but it was not highlighted so that I could restore. I am going to continue to work on the problem but made an appointment with the genius bar at our local Apple store. I upgrade an operating system on my Desktop Mac a couple of years ago and it did the same thing to Safari. I was assured by Apple that this upgrade would be fine. Needless to say it wasn't. I hope the same thing has not happened with this.

Dec 14, 2018 6:42 PM in response to crzkatz

Quite a few people have had the same issues with 10.10 after the iTunes update the other day. If you have time machine its a real easy fix. Another person on this forum figured it out and it worked for everyone that has done it so far...

Set this window on your screen before going into Time Machine.....

System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/A/MobileDevice

Then in Time Machine click on the same folder on a date before the update and restore.

This should do it!

Just as a note, I also had an issue backing up my phone in iTunes as well as not being able to open safari. This fix, fixed both issues.

Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.