Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IAC MIDI feedback loop

Heres a weird one, in MainStage the "instantly silence previous patch" sends a control message to the IAC which starts a midi feedback loop. When i turn off the "instantly silence previous patch" it effects the performance in a negative way. Any workarounds that you can think of, or is there a way to filter the Control midi commands going to the IAC? Thanks friends!

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 10:30 PM

so I fixed my issue with my IAC midi feedback issue.  originally I noticed that any unmapped midi in the MainStage layout caused the an endless string of IAC message that make everything melt and stop working. This is how you fix it.    In the master concert patch, under the midi tab in the inspector, Turn OFF the “send unassigned MIDI to all Channel Strips”  and while your at it, turn OFF the “send unused Program Changes to Channel Strips” (My program change pedal was causing this too) I noticed in the Midi monitor that For every unmapped control message sent from MainStage, a single IAC message fires out, Having these two “send unassigned/unused…”  turned on seems to react to the IAC causing it to send again, thus creating the endless stream of IAC messages. loop ****.  Anyways, this took me all week and lots of painful trouble shooting and reflections.  Hope it help someone else!  Cheers. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2018 10:30 PM in response to sliversnout

so I fixed my issue with my IAC midi feedback issue.  originally I noticed that any unmapped midi in the MainStage layout caused the an endless string of IAC message that make everything melt and stop working. This is how you fix it.    In the master concert patch, under the midi tab in the inspector, Turn OFF the “send unassigned MIDI to all Channel Strips”  and while your at it, turn OFF the “send unused Program Changes to Channel Strips” (My program change pedal was causing this too) I noticed in the Midi monitor that For every unmapped control message sent from MainStage, a single IAC message fires out, Having these two “send unassigned/unused…”  turned on seems to react to the IAC causing it to send again, thus creating the endless stream of IAC messages. loop ****.  Anyways, this took me all week and lots of painful trouble shooting and reflections.  Hope it help someone else!  Cheers. 

IAC MIDI feedback loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.