Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi Roll comes out too early

When I'm recording midi, while playing the sound is just fine, no latency issues, however the midi roll ends up too early on the grid, so even when trying to play right with the click, the resulting midi is always ahead of the beat. I've been trying to adjust the Midi Sync Delay options under Preferences, but with no success. Any idea as to which parameter I should adjust? As a reference I've been trying to use + numbers to get the midi to come out later

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:29 PM

In Logic's Preferences/Audio make sure Recording Delay is set to Zero, (is that what you mean by MIDI sync delay)

Then, when Recording the MIDI/ Track, Enable Low Latency Mode, on playback Disable Low Latency mode.

Might add... If you have any quantization set in Logic's Inspector the Piano Roll will show you the quantized view. Set quantization off (Inspector, upper left)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 1:29 PM in response to Josehdz778

In Logic's Preferences/Audio make sure Recording Delay is set to Zero, (is that what you mean by MIDI sync delay)

Then, when Recording the MIDI/ Track, Enable Low Latency Mode, on playback Disable Low Latency mode.

Might add... If you have any quantization set in Logic's Inspector the Piano Roll will show you the quantized view. Set quantization off (Inspector, upper left)

Midi Roll comes out too early

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.