Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there no way to save a web site (just as I saw it) so it's viewable later by anyone in the world?

So I've been saving the web sites I wanted to save (over the years!) as either Web Archive (.webarchive) files or Page Source (.html) files, either of which I can open on my computer with the exact same web site appearing in my browser. But the address is something like file:///Users/myname/Desktop/nameofthearticle.webarchive or .html and when I try to send either of them in an email or Save As something else they end up mangled even weird, in any case nothing like the original which I can get on my computer (and maybe my computer alone?). If I export the file (from the Safari File menu) as a PDF file it too comes out fairly different, sometimes only half visible, from the original. Or is there a way to quickly find the original address and then send that in an email or save as a link in a word file? Or am I going to have to painstakingly find the original article using good old fashioned detective work, working back from each and every saved .webarchive or .html file?

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 11:24 PM

As different web browsers handle things differently, no two websites are always the same for each viewer. When saving articles from the web I've always used Print to PDF. It captures the moment that you viewed the article and freezes it. It's the only reliable way.

Similar questions

1 reply

Is there no way to save a web site (just as I saw it) so it's viewable later by anyone in the world?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.