Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All photos from my mac are syncing to my ipad and filled it up

My iPad was running slow so I restored it. When it was syncing, all the photos from my Mac were syncing it causing it to fill up, 6.7 gb of photos!

I go to Photos in my mac and the iPad appears in the sidebar. When I click it, it does not open a window with what albums or sync. I also tried to enable iCloud photos but I had an error message “Cannot Enable..."

I am about 3 hours into this. There is probably something easy that I missed.

Also, how can I delete photos from the iPad. I’m having a hard time at that too.

Posted on Dec 14, 2018 3:28 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 14, 2018 4:18 PM in response to syncingtoipad

Granted I am more used to PCs than Macs, but to sync photos onto an iPad you generally have to choose to do that in iTunes when you set up the sync. So under the main ‘info’ type area (the precise name has changed over the years and you may need to scroll down in iTunes to see the check box), you will find the checkbox to sync a folder of photos.

To get synced photos off iDevices you need to deselect that folder or remove the photos from that chosen folder then sync and the photos should be removed from the device

All photos from my mac are syncing to my ipad and filled it up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.