Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete reminder categories.

Hi, I am not able to delete a reminder lists I do not need any longer, it simply reappears after a few seconds after deletion. To be more specific I have a list called “shopping list”. I asked via Siri to put some items on my shopping list and the list was created. I deleted all items later on and wanted to delete the item “shopping list” but it stays whatever I try.

I have several devices: iPhone, iPad, iMac and since a few weeks a HomePod. I tried all devices to delete it manually, because I thought it may be an issue on one of the devices. It did not help. Than I logged in to iCloud and tried to remove it there, same issue. Finely I asked HomePod to remove it, but it says that it cannot be done via HomePod and that I have to do it via the app.

I have no further ideas left. Has anyone else seen the same issue? What can I do to solve it.

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 7:25 AM

Have you tried stopping Reminders syncing on all devices/computers and then delete the list from each device? Then start syncing again.

Similar questions

3 replies

Cannot delete reminder categories.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.