Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

web cam for mac mini with OSX 10.14.2

I tried a Logitech C930e and did not work, no response whatsoever. I need a webcam urgently for my work.

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2018 1:19 PM

Which Mac mini model do you have? Are you connecting the webcam to a USB 2 or 3 port? If not, are you using some type of adapter?

Which apps are you trying to use it with? For example, FaceTime or PhotoBooth, or something else?

FWIW. I just tested my Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, which is not supported for macOS at all (it was designed to only work with Windows XP or Vista,) and it is working fine for those two apps that I mentioned just now for me. I have a 2014 mini, running macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2018 1:19 PM in response to Tupanito

Which Mac mini model do you have? Are you connecting the webcam to a USB 2 or 3 port? If not, are you using some type of adapter?

Which apps are you trying to use it with? For example, FaceTime or PhotoBooth, or something else?

FWIW. I just tested my Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, which is not supported for macOS at all (it was designed to only work with Windows XP or Vista,) and it is working fine for those two apps that I mentioned just now for me. I have a 2014 mini, running macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

web cam for mac mini with OSX 10.14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.