Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech c920 camera not working with Big Sur 11.1 on M1 Macbook Pro

Has anyone been able to get a Logitech c920 webcam working on BigSur 11.1 on an M1 Macbook Pro?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 8:19 AM

*POTENTIAL* solution....

I had this issue also with an M1 MBP, a Logitech 920 camera and a Dell monitor with an in-built USB hub. The Logitech is plugged into the monitor hub.

Every time I rebooted the Mac, it would 'forget' the Logitech camera'.

I have found that power cycling the Dell monitor (which only takes. a few secs) is the most consistent way for the Logitech cam to be re-detected and works fine.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 8:19 AM in response to LaHa67

*POTENTIAL* solution....

I had this issue also with an M1 MBP, a Logitech 920 camera and a Dell monitor with an in-built USB hub. The Logitech is plugged into the monitor hub.

Every time I rebooted the Mac, it would 'forget' the Logitech camera'.

I have found that power cycling the Dell monitor (which only takes. a few secs) is the most consistent way for the Logitech cam to be re-detected and works fine.

Feb 11, 2021 8:50 AM in response to Iain McD

Provided that you shutdown your Mac nightly, that might be a good time to power off the Dell monitor. A reversal of that procedure the next time you boot your Mac might provide an already available C920 webcam. Personally, I have my C920HD plugged into a four-port hub connected directly to my M1 mini. Always works, even with the macOS 11.2.1 update.

Logitech c920 camera not working with Big Sur 11.1 on M1 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.