Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upon creation of a FCPX title, it is already missing (red screen).

Hello

I created a new fcpx title in Motion 5, I made sure I clicked create fcpx title on the welcome screen, and saved it with the dialog that asks you the title, theme, and category, but when placing the new title into the timeline, it displays a red screen with a T with a warning sign.

When right clicking on the title and revealing in finder, it seems to take me to the Motion templates folder with the Title selected, and will also let me edit in Motion from FCPX.

Not sure if this is useful (from research this has been a common issue), but there is no effects applied to the text layer, although I'm not sure if other effects on other layers can cause issues.

From what I understand, FCPX seems to know where the effect is, and there are no effects on the title, so I have to reach out to the community to see what is going on. If it is a really dumb fix, I sincerely apologise in advance.

Thanks everyone :)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 4:15 AM

What version of Motion and what version of Final Cut Pro?

This seems to suggest that the version of Motion may be too new for your running version of FCP X.

If that is the case and, for some reason, you are unable to update FCP X at this time, there is still a way to make it work. Let us know.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 17, 2018 4:48 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thank you so much Luis Sequeira1,

That was in fact the issue, I don't know how you knew, but whatever your doing, please keep doing it because you're helping me and so many other people out. Thanks for also offering to investigate further with me.

p.s. Tom Wolsky: I didn't use any video files, but thanks for replying, your dedication means a lot to me :)

Upon creation of a FCPX title, it is already missing (red screen).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.