Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Title has thin black lines when I move text position

I'm working with the BASIC 3D title in FCPX. I start the title scene with the text showing as full screen over my video. As the scene progresses I shrink the text and move it to the upper left corner. I then leave it there until the scene is over.

The text is moved by adjusting the X and Y position of the Title. This works fine.

The text is shrunk using the Field of View slider (which does not seem related to this problem).

When I move the text to the corner a thin black frame moves into the video which appears to be the outer borders of the TITLE effect that is normally hidden off screen. I have done a sample export to confirm that the black lines are still there after export.

How do I get rid of this thin black line border around the title? It is not an option of the title, it is not a clean line. Some parts are thicker than others. It seems to be an overlay bug that is clearly meant to stay off screen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this. A Google search has turned up nothing related, but I have noticed this for a while. I usually just abandon the title and go with something else, but in this case I'd really like to stick with the plan.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 2:26 PM

Tom - I went back in to get the info you asked for and realized the problem!

I had selected the "360 BASIC 3D" instead of the "BASIC 3D" title. It gives a nice slight curve to the title which I kind of liked, but I didn't need it as the footage is not 3D. I went back to the "BASIC 3D" and the black box line is no longer there.

Thank you for the prompt reply and the quick help. I would have still been scratching my head on this one.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 2:26 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom - I went back in to get the info you asked for and realized the problem!

I had selected the "360 BASIC 3D" instead of the "BASIC 3D" title. It gives a nice slight curve to the title which I kind of liked, but I didn't need it as the footage is not 3D. I went back to the "BASIC 3D" and the black box line is no longer there.

Thank you for the prompt reply and the quick help. I would have still been scratching my head on this one.

Sep 23, 2019 1:06 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the reply, Tom. I'll add more detail when I'm back at that computer.

It is a 4K project. This is 4K footage.

When you shrink a video or text effect with the Transform tool you can see the box come in at the edge of the effect. I'm sure you have seen something similar. It looks like that, except the box doesn't go away when you let go. It stays there.

FCPX Title has thin black lines when I move text position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.