Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID has been hacked

When I get UPDATE alerts for my free software (ex. Keynote) I see a shadowed ID/email in the Apple ID box that is not mine. I was finally allowed to type over it and just reset my password but the shadowed hacked email appears again. Would you please check my account?

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 6:15 AM

Is this an email you are getting or an email address (Apple ID) when you are trying to update your apps.

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. 

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2018 6:15 AM in response to 208cam

Is this an email you are getting or an email address (Apple ID) when you are trying to update your apps.

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. 

Dec 17, 2018 8:18 AM in response to rovsen80

Please start your own discussion. Trying to answer several problems in one discussion gets confusing for everyone. A new post would be much more visible. 

Apple ID is locked or disabled

If you have changed your password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Dec 17, 2018 10:14 AM in response to 208cam

The ID box is going to show the name of the last ID used for a successful transaction on the store on that device. Is it possible someone in your home has access to this computer and used that email?

if not I would check your App Store purchases

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088

You may wish to change your Apple ID log/pass with a complex password you don’t use for anywhere else.

If you share the same or similar log/pass combo with another service (e.g. social media, bank, email, etc.) and that service is compromised then anyone with that information simply needs to try the same combo elsewhere

To change your Apple ID password see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/KM205079

To Change the Email associated with your Apple ID see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Apple ID has been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.