Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple ID is compromised

Hello

I got an email with all apple looks but soon after I follow the steps I noticed that one page start to ask question of important info such social security, credit card etc etc... and any of the menu tab were ok, but all look as an apple legal page... I decided to close it. My concerns is that I actually use my ID and Passport to sign in

Please , first I would like you to help to investigate this kind of email

I hope to get feedback and suggestion of what to do

here below is wat the email said:

"Your Account has been temporarily disabled for security reasons!

Dear Customer,

Your Apple ID was used to sign in to a new web browser.

Date and Time : March 17, 2019

IP Address : 79.171.55.205

Your Apple ID has been temporarily disabled for security reason.

When you see this alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password.

Your account will permanently disabled if you do not verify your account under 24 hours.

Sincerely,

Apple Support

Apple ID<| Support | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved "

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 6:48 AM

You need to change your password.

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple won't send you an email/text telling you your account is disabled  or will be disabled. You will find out the next time you try to log in somewhere.

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2019 6:48 AM in response to lelelozano1510

You need to change your password.

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple won't send you an email/text telling you your account is disabled  or will be disabled. You will find out the next time you try to log in somewhere.

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

my apple ID is compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.