Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this fishing email?

I got this message from weird email address. They say apple but is this fishing email? I visited the link of "iforgot.apple.com" that they order me to go but it went to empty blog site. I visited my icloud and I could open my account. As they say my apple ID will permanently disabled if I do not verify my identity under 24 hours, I just little worry. Please advise me. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Apple ID was used to sign in to a new web browser.

Your Apple ID has been temporarily disabled for security reason.

When you see this alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password.

Your Apple ID will permanently disabled if you do not verify your identity under 24 hours.

Sincerely,

Apple Support

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 7:20 AM

It's a phishing email (poor English, link doesn't take you where it says it will, accounts don't get 'temporarily disabled', etc.) - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2019 7:20 AM in response to GGGKKK

It's a phishing email (poor English, link doesn't take you where it says it will, accounts don't get 'temporarily disabled', etc.) - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Is this fishing email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.