Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iphone 5e and 10xs

Using either phone, when I call to or receive a call from a mobile phone I cannot nor can the party on the other hand hear anything. Ironically if the call is made to or from a landline they both work perfectly well. Any ideas how to fix?

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 2:09 PM

Greetings craigfrommanchester,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you and the other party aren't able to hear each other while on a call. Further, you mentioned this behavior persists with two different devices you own, and only occurs when the other party is using a mobile device.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, I suggest to restart your iPhone and check for a carrier settings update. You can see those steps from the following support articles: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch & Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If the behavior continues, it would then be best to contact your wireless carrier for additional assistance.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2018 2:09 PM in response to craigfrommanchester

Greetings craigfrommanchester,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you and the other party aren't able to hear each other while on a call. Further, you mentioned this behavior persists with two different devices you own, and only occurs when the other party is using a mobile device.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, I suggest to restart your iPhone and check for a carrier settings update. You can see those steps from the following support articles: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch & Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If the behavior continues, it would then be best to contact your wireless carrier for additional assistance.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

Problems with iphone 5e and 10xs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.