Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Upgrade - USB Wired keyboard no longer working

I have an iMac 27" 2014 - with 32 Gigs of RAM and a 2TB HD

Last night I upgraded the OS to Mojave with the purpose of updating Photos so that we could order the calendar that we created using Photos version 1.5. After running the update though the App Store, we restarted. When attempting to log in I realized that the keyboard was dead. No lights, IE cap lock light. The iMac then brought the dialogue box up showing no keyboard was attached and began looking for a bluetooth keyboard. The mouse works perfectly.

I have done several restarts. I have tried to restart in safe mode and recovery mode, but of course I cannot do this because the keyboard is dead. I plugged the keyboard into my MacBook Pro and the keyboard works perfectly. The problem seems to obviously be software and driver based. All four of the USB ports are working. I plugged the mouse into each of them to test them.

My next step is to try and find a bluetooth keyboard to see if when connected, it will work.

End result is, I want USB keyboard to function because I like the full size and number pad.

Thank you to anyone who can help with this problem.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2018 10:28 AM

Try resetting the SMC.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

9 replies

Mojave Upgrade - USB Wired keyboard no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.