Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Keyboard no longer works with MacMini M2 Ventura

Purchased a new Mac Mini M2. Was working with it fine until a couple of days later and the keyboard stopped working. The new computer is useless without a working keyboard. It is not Bluetooth. Model # A1243. Are there any keyboards that will work with Ventura?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 11:32 AM

The Apple Magic Keyboard will work fine.

15 replies

Oct 10, 2023 3:27 PM in response to ReneSvendsen

Rene -- I've gone thru my notes and I don't find anything that points to the actual problem. However, I did do updates to Ventura which had a couple updates, the last being 13.5.2. The issue was probably fixed with one of those. However, you have moved on from Ventura so I don't know what the fix should be.

I found this link to some suggestions: If your Mac doesn’t respond to key presses - Apple Support

I hope it helps!

Aug 1, 2023 8:29 AM in response to supercondr

Initially the old Mac keyboard did work. But all of a sudden it stopped working. I think there was an update to the new Mac Mini M2. I went online to see an answer that, yes, there was an update and Apple is working on the keyboard issue. My husband ordered an Omoton wireless keyboard for about $30 and it should work fine with Bluetooth. Also, a mouse is on its way.

I had my two Mac Minis connected with a HDMI USB KVM Switch. The old one is 2011. It was working, but using Migration Assistant wasn't. The reason, is that there is a switch to access only one computer at a time. We are in a rural area of Florida and the wifi is poor.

I have a Macbook, and have had about three other Macs, but they are dust now.

Thank you for reaching out!

Oct 10, 2023 6:05 AM in response to ReneSvendsen

Hi Rene, I wasn't able to fix the Omotron keyboard to my liking. Some keys I have always used on the Mac would not work on the Omotron keyboard. I switched back to the Mac keyboard and Bluetooth and checked settings. I think it was probably a setting there that also had an issue.

Under System Settings, there is a Keyboard selection. Someone on this site suggested to me, which I don't remember now. I will look back and see if if I can find it for you.

Also, there has been System updates, so check on that.

Keyboard no longer works with MacMini M2 Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.