Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to turn wireless keyboard on and off again - weird characters

Since Monterey update to mac mini m1 my wireless logitech keyboard needs to be turned off and turned back on again to work properly (usually after start up). Cmd + V usually prints a square root symbol to the screen as an example. When I updated the wife's macbook pro, Monterey wanted me to help it identify (the built in) keyboard, which was weird. Does Monterey have issues with keyboards, and if so, is there a fix?

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 7:35 AM

lektrikpuke wrote: So I guess this is something that I'll just have to live with till (hopefully) the next update. Again, this appears to be Monterey related.

I have not seen anyone else mention this problem. Have you checked with Logitech support to see if other users of that keyboard are reporting it?

You can let Apple know via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 7:35 AM in response to lektrikpuke

lektrikpuke wrote: So I guess this is something that I'll just have to live with till (hopefully) the next update. Again, this appears to be Monterey related.

I have not seen anyone else mention this problem. Have you checked with Logitech support to see if other users of that keyboard are reporting it?

You can let Apple know via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Nov 17, 2021 10:01 AM in response to lektrikpuke

Are you using Bluetooth or a dongle to connect? I had problems with a dongle using my Logi M570 Trackball mouse, it would not go back or forward with the buttons in Safari but that is a thing about Safari, then the track ball would not work in drag and drop. I turned to a USB Logitech mouse. No problems. There have been problems listed with Monterey in bluetooth as well, mostly headphones and such won't stay connected.

As for keyboards I use a USB Macally and it will not work well with a USB Hub. Another problem with Monterey, it does not play well with some hubs. I had to rearrange the USB to use one on the back of my Late 2014 Mac mini. Hope this helps.

Nov 18, 2021 5:31 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Keyboard is bluetooth (K780) and Mac mini m1 knows it's a logitech keyboard (although it can't seem to find it). Batteries 100%. Reset keyboard commands/shortcuts to default just in case something was corrupted. No joy.

I also use a M570 Trackball (trackballs rule!!!) via usb, but that's plugged directly into one of the usb ports in the Mac mini. The square root symbol was just an example, most of the letters when combined with command look like foreign letters (or math symbols). Command a - å. Command c - ç. Command u - ¨ (no idea if those chars will display in post).

Again, if I turn the keyboard off and then back on, the keyboard works correctly.

Jan 6, 2022 5:14 AM in response to lektrikpuke

I also have problems with my own keyboard and trackpad. what's more, problems with HDMI video. The screen goes out for a second, flickers. that with disabled sleep that with enabled. I tried everything I can, the result is zero. Both with expensive adapters and with cables of different lengths. I'm sure it's not about what Apple offers through support, but about Apple itself. I am extremely disappointed

Need to turn wireless keyboard on and off again - weird characters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.