Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac studio keyboard mapping messed up after ventura upgrade

How to fix mac studio keyboard mapping messed up after ventura upgrade - my usb keyboard has no issues, there for it has to do with bluetooth connectivity, right? p.s the touch function works properly.

Mac Studio

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 9:19 PM

hananiafromseattle wrote:

Two hours on line with very willing tech rep from Apple support who took control over my Mac Studio didn't fina solution. Eventually they gave up and asked me to reinstall Ventura.

That's discouraging. This particular keyboard problem has been answered dozens of times in these forums, and if they had simply googled 789uiojkl they would have found it in a couple seconds.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 9:19 PM in response to hananiafromseattle

hananiafromseattle wrote:

Two hours on line with very willing tech rep from Apple support who took control over my Mac Studio didn't fina solution. Eventually they gave up and asked me to reinstall Ventura.

That's discouraging. This particular keyboard problem has been answered dozens of times in these forums, and if they had simply googled 789uiojkl they would have found it in a couple seconds.

Nov 1, 2022 8:55 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

The following keys are not responding : 789uiojklm,

Two hours on line with very willing tech rep from Apple support who took control over my Mac Studio didn't find

a solution. Eventually they gave up and asked me to reinstall Ventura. That didn't fix the problem.

And then, BINGO - I found a solution online :

"Go to preferences, Accessibility , then Mouse and Trackpad. Make sure to uncheck the box that says "enable Mouse Keys"

VOILA

Everything works perfectly.

And Apple couldn't point to that.

mac studio keyboard mapping messed up after ventura upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.