Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8Fit - canceled before free trial up, still charged

Signed up for 8Fit Pro free 14-day trial.

I ended my pro trial early but noticed it didn't end my subscription in the app, tried numerous times. It mentions that I will continue to have the Pro status until the 14 days is up. Then I noticed on the 14th a pending charge for the app, I made sure to go through everything AGAIN to cancel the app, still I was charged.

Nov 30th 2018 - I signed up for the 14 day FREE Trial

Dec 5th 2018 - Canceled Subscription

Dec 6th 2018 - Canceled Subscription again

Dec 13th 2018 - Noticed a pending transaction in account for $52

Dec 13th 2018 - Made sure once again I had canceled subscription

Dec 18th 2018 - The charge just went through today - Says in Apple iTunes and in 8Fit app, my subscription is good until Dec 13th 2019

Even as I go into App Store on iPhone, I am not given option to cancel subscription?

Do I accept charge? If so Why?

Do I have to put reminder on my calendar for next year because clearly I still cannot cancel the subscription as it is today (assuming I lost the money already). - I don't care to use the app

What do I need to do? Their support is slow at best?

Please advise on best next steps to remove this subscription for future charges and hopefully past charges.

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 10:09 AM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2018 10:38 AM in response to onecloudyday

In principle subscription renewals can be cancelled as soon as you've instigated the initial trial or subscription period. I don't know why your initial and subsequent requests to cancel the automatic subscription renewal wasn't honoured. I suggest you contact iTunes - Official Apple Support and ask them to fully cancel the subscription and refund or remove any charges from your account.

tt2

Dec 18, 2018 10:17 AM in response to onecloudyday

How can it be a 14 - day trial but you have to cancel before the 14th day? (for future reference I did cancel before the 14th day).

8Fit policy:

Subscriptions continue until cancelled, so unless the subscription is cancelled before the 14th day, the following fees and charges will be charged to your nominated payment method on the 15th day, and a refund is not possible.

8Fit - canceled before free trial up, still charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.