Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod won’t mute other apple devices’ response to Hey Siri. + Stereo Pair bugs.

I encountered several bugs on HomePods Stereo Pair these two months.

• The same to the subject. Both HomePod and (iPhone/watch/iPad) will respond to Hey Siri at the same time. It’s so annoying. All of their systems are up to date.
  • Sometimes HomePods are not able to play music. After responding “Let’s start by ***(the song in my own library)”, they are dropped into embarrassing dead silence. After I reset both of them, it will still re-occur after some days. Btw, only one HomePod within the pair plays music after reset when asking HomePod to play music directly. Stereo Pair works fine using AirPlay.

HomePod

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 12:14 PM

The second problem could be due to an intermittent internet connection - note that the Homepod is unable to play music directly from an iTunes library (i.e. no homesharing) and so it needs internet to play anything, as well as ror Siri to work. I generally play iTunes library music using iTnes on a Mac with output set to stereo Homepods.

I have encountered a related problem recently. Sometimes when I choose an Apple Music playlist from iTunes it stops playing after a few tracks. I have to choose another playlist or album to get it working again.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2018 12:14 PM in response to JulianYuan

The second problem could be due to an intermittent internet connection - note that the Homepod is unable to play music directly from an iTunes library (i.e. no homesharing) and so it needs internet to play anything, as well as ror Siri to work. I generally play iTunes library music using iTnes on a Mac with output set to stereo Homepods.

I have encountered a related problem recently. Sometimes when I choose an Apple Music playlist from iTunes it stops playing after a few tracks. I have to choose another playlist or album to get it working again.

Homepod won’t mute other apple devices’ response to Hey Siri. + Stereo Pair bugs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.