Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod stops emitting sound

For the last two days, my Homepods (stereo setup) stop emitting sound when playing anything from Apple Music. Airplay works fine. When I ask Siri to play anything, the Homepods play normally for 5 seconds and then nothing, just silence. The Hompods keep showing the + and - signs like if they are playing the song.

HomePod, iOS 12

Posted on May 3, 2019 11:11 AM

5 replies

May 30, 2019 5:17 AM in response to rgraz1022

Homepods to play music from a playlist I created. It begins playing but only for 5 seconds or so. However the Homepod

appears to be playing and in the Home App it shows it is also playing. When the next song in the playlist would begin to play, again, it starts for approximately 5 seconds, and then goes silent until the next song and 5 seconds of music. So, it is playing, but not broadcasting anything except the beginning start up. If I play directly from my iPhone X, there are no apparent issues and

plays normally.

Homepod stops emitting sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.