Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I play custom radio stations on apple watch?

Sooooo... how do you play custom radio stations on the apple watch? I bought a new watch recently and cannot figure out how to do it. My watch radio stations just show NPR (yawn) CBS (double yawn) and a holiday station. On my iPhone I have all sorts of custom stations I've made. How do I get these to show on my watch? I'm assuming this is impossible as this guy had the same question and the entire internet never answered him....

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8363141

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 9:43 PM

OK, for anyone else with this question in the future - I just confirmed with a Senior Advisor at apple that this is not available yet on the apple watch (as of WatchOS 5.1.2) hopefully in the future they add it. Really annoying that they left this out.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2018 9:43 PM in response to fdsafasdfsdafdasfdafdfdasfdasfdsa

OK, for anyone else with this question in the future - I just confirmed with a Senior Advisor at apple that this is not available yet on the apple watch (as of WatchOS 5.1.2) hopefully in the future they add it. Really annoying that they left this out.

Dec 19, 2018 3:37 PM in response to lllaass

Yea, that's incorrect. It's a mistake that they will be fixing. That does not work. Per the senior engineer I spoke with he said:

"Yes, we were discussing that specific line of instructions here internally, as it is vague and would lead one to believe that it works on all devices. When in actuality, it only works on the devices listed in the instruction set above it. We have forwarded this our engineering team regarding clarification of that specific step."

So sorry - as I mentioned above, you cannot do this.

How do I play custom radio stations on apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.