Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No way to organize Apple Music playlists?

I love the variety of Christmas music playlists Apple is putting out on Apple Music but I'm incredibly frustrated that there doesn't seem to be a way to group my favorites together in a folder as you would with playlists you create on your own.

I 'Add' playlists I like to my library, but then they just show up in a huge list of all my playlists—created by me or Apple Music. On iTunes, you can organize your own playlists (from Apple Music or iTunes), but Apple Music playlists are separate, non-sortable, alphabetical section that you can't organize at all. Am I missing something?

I know I could re-create the playlist and organize it from there, but then you don't get the new songs they add to the playlists over time... and honestly it's just a hassle to have to do that.

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 11:44 AM

Only the creator of the playlist can organize it. If you wish to make alterations, then you have to save as your own new playlist (and miss out on any curated changes).

1 reply

No way to organize Apple Music playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.