Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

List Apple Music playlists separately from personal ones in sidebar

It seems unreasonable that I can't separate Apple's Playlists from my own in the sidebar list. They all list together in alphabetical order. For me the two serve very different functions, and it would be really nice if I could get them to list separately. (I realize it can be done in the main window, but for me, this is a cumbersome way to view the library.) Other than putting all my personal ones in a folder (I would rather put the Apple playlists in their own folder, but this is also not allowed) or adding a character to the beginning of each of my playlist names, is there no way to do this? I hope Apple will add this functionality. It seems quite simple and I can't think of a good reason not to allow it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:52 AM

Use Feedback - Apple Music - Apple to let Apple know what you want, they're not listening here.

tt2

1 reply

List Apple Music playlists separately from personal ones in sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.