Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to store apple Music playlists in a folder?

I have many Apple Music playlists stored on my Mac where I have enjoyed the playlist or a friend has shared their playlist with me.

I would like to put them in a separate folder so they don't clutter up my list. I don't really want them showing on my menu, but don't want to delete them?

Any ideas?

Veronica

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 1:17 AM

7 replies

Dec 19, 2021 2:39 PM in response to ed2345

Thanks Ed. I thought you meant create the playlist in the folder then drag the 'Apple Music Playlists' into it. That didn't work. So are you saying that I need to recreate each 'Apple Music' playlist in the folder and drag all the songs into the new 'personal' playlist?

If that is the case it seems like a lot of extra work, but can be done. I tried it out and it worked. Only thing is the artwork turns into a mixed media image (which is usually OK) but doesn't bring the one from the original 'Apple Music' playlist (which sometimes I would prefer).

For 'personal' playlists and 'Genius' playlists they can both be moved around into different folders. It seems remarkable that you can't do the same with 'Apple Music' playlists (created by Apple), or other peoples Apple Music Playlists. (shared with me).

Thanks again for responding.

Is there a way to store apple Music playlists in a folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.