Announcement: Get ready for iOS 13 and iPadOS

Brand new features for your iPhone and iPad are coming soon. Learn what you need to do >

Question:

Question: my iphone Xs Max keeps dropping calls

My new Iphone XS Max keeps dropping calls; is there a fix for this problem

iPhone XS

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Feb 4, 2019 6:14 PM in response to becky_s22 In response to becky_s22

I have had the same problem ever since buying this iPhone XS Max in December. Nothing but trouble. Verizon store can’t even figure it out. They had me call Verizon support tier 2 and they had no idea but said it was happening a lot and we needed to contact apple. Maybe they will have an update soon after 12.1.3 or whatever it is. I really would love some help. I’ve tried everything the net says to try. Airplane mode. Resetting network. Resetting iPhone. Nothing is working. Are there any answers here or do I need to call apple. I hate that I paid this much for a phone and it call fails 70-80 percent of the time.

Feb 19, 2019 8:49 AM in response to jaron112 In response to jaron112

I've tried just about everything here and behold; I still get dropped calls...... VERY Frustrating!

I'm on the phone with clients, and without a doubt, the CALL DROPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone calls, within a few seconds, the CALL DROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm calling out, I connect, then within a few seconds, the CALL DROPS!!!!!!!!!

Apple = Very Expensive Phone but Guaranteed to DROP Your CALLS!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 13, 2019 8:15 PM in response to Steve3136 In response to Steve3136

This is just what mine does. A reboot seems to fix it but it is usually just a day or so before it goes back to dropping calls. I reset the network settings first, turned it off and on several times, and finally reset the entire phone to factory settings still to no avail. It still drops calls.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 22, 2018 12:12 PM in response to VictorRG In response to VictorRG

Good afternoon VictorRG,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are experiencing some dropped calls on your iPhone XS Max. The first thing I would suggest is to make sure you have upgraded to the most recent iOS (currently iOS 12.1.2). Check to see if there are any carrier updates needed for your iPhone as well.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Here are some general troubleshooting steps you can try. If the issue still persists, then I would contact your wireless carrier to investigate on their end as well.

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

Take care.

Dec 22, 2018 12:12 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Feb 4, 2019 6:14 PM in response to becky_s22 In response to becky_s22

I have had the same problem ever since buying this iPhone XS Max in December. Nothing but trouble. Verizon store can’t even figure it out. They had me call Verizon support tier 2 and they had no idea but said it was happening a lot and we needed to contact apple. Maybe they will have an update soon after 12.1.3 or whatever it is. I really would love some help. I’ve tried everything the net says to try. Airplane mode. Resetting network. Resetting iPhone. Nothing is working. Are there any answers here or do I need to call apple. I hate that I paid this much for a phone and it call fails 70-80 percent of the time.

Feb 4, 2019 6:14 PM

Reply Helpful (9)

Feb 11, 2019 6:59 PM in response to Steve3136 In response to Steve3136

I just returned an Xs for this same problem. Updated OS, replaced Sim, Wiped phone. Verizon reset switches on their end. Apple tech verified settings. Still dropped calks. Switched my sim to a temp iPhone 6. No dropped calls. New Xs arrives. Drops calls!

Feb 11, 2019 6:59 PM

Reply Helpful

Feb 19, 2019 8:49 AM in response to jaron112 In response to jaron112

I've tried just about everything here and behold; I still get dropped calls...... VERY Frustrating!

I'm on the phone with clients, and without a doubt, the CALL DROPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone calls, within a few seconds, the CALL DROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm calling out, I connect, then within a few seconds, the CALL DROPS!!!!!!!!!

Apple = Very Expensive Phone but Guaranteed to DROP Your CALLS!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 19, 2019 8:49 AM

Reply Helpful (8)

Mar 8, 2019 6:19 AM in response to Rouchworld In response to Rouchworld

Having the same issue. Very frustrating. Call drops after connecting for a few seconds. Always have to turn airplane mode on or off. Phone was to expensive for this hassle. Please Apple fix this problem. Noting but LTE problems since the phone was bought. And YES I’ve done ever single fix including getting a new SIM card.

Mar 8, 2019 6:19 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2019 6:36 PM in response to Jparker013 In response to Jparker013

I’ve had an iPhone X S Max for a couple months. Dropped calls continuously in the last three weeks: two visits to Verizon, three to the Apple Store. Today the online Apple rep said the Apple Store should replace the device; the Apple Store tech would not. He ran diagnostic, then restore, then default settings. Finally said the issue is with Verizon. I now conclude that it’s Apple’s new, weakened antenna design! That is a device issue! Have had three iPhones; never felt so let down by Apple.

Mar 13, 2019 6:36 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2019 8:15 PM in response to Steve3136 In response to Steve3136

This is just what mine does. A reboot seems to fix it but it is usually just a day or so before it goes back to dropping calls. I reset the network settings first, turned it off and on several times, and finally reset the entire phone to factory settings still to no avail. It still drops calls.

Mar 13, 2019 8:15 PM

Reply Helpful (6)
User profile for user: VictorRG

Question: my iphone Xs Max keeps dropping calls