Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Xs blacks out

I have the iPhone Xs and randomly when I click the standby button to put the phone back in my pocket it closes like normal. But recently I have been having incidents where when I click the standby button or the screen it will not wake up again. I have taken it to the apple store and they did a hard reset and it came back. But lately I have been having the same issue arise more often and I have to do a hard reset.

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 1:16 PM

Hi

Return iPhone to apple store

But first try a factory restore.

Go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is on Then backup now over your wifi.

Then go to general bottom of page reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings.

Then set back up over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data back.

This will get rid of any bugs.

Cheers

Brian 🇬🇧

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2018 1:16 PM in response to edgardo240

Hi

Return iPhone to apple store

But first try a factory restore.

Go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is on Then backup now over your wifi.

Then go to general bottom of page reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings.

Then set back up over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data back.

This will get rid of any bugs.

Cheers

Brian 🇬🇧

iPhone Xs blacks out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.