Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive screen - Power/wake-up button brings responsiveness back

I am running 13.5.1 on iPhone 6S Plus and since last two months i am facing screen unresponsive issue.

Power/wake-up button brings responsiveness back for few minutes, but is there any solution ?

many people in forum has this issue regardless of model and OS version. Sad to say but solution of the problem beyond Apple knowledge. This is not expected from Apple.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 2:23 PM

I hadn't noticed any others with that problem.

Anyway, you may have a hardware problem

However before having it repaired you will have to

• backup
  • restore to factory settings as though you were selling it - see 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

so why not do that and set it up again with upur appleID without restore and see how it goes

If no improvement send it for repair or replace

If it works well restore from backup

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Rajnish103

I hadn't noticed any others with that problem.

Anyway, you may have a hardware problem

However before having it repaired you will have to

• backup
  • restore to factory settings as though you were selling it - see 

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

so why not do that and set it up again with upur appleID without restore and see how it goes

If no improvement send it for repair or replace

If it works well restore from backup

Jun 16, 2020 11:56 PM in response to LD150

Thanks for suggestion, community is helping each other as much possible, i have great respect for that. What worry me the answer, that thread was closed without any firm answer.

When someone rely on a world class phone manufacturer, they have an expectation to know what is actual cause of such a tiny issue but if the OEM ignores so many post since years, it shows the quality of OEM in post sales support.

With no choice, I will send my phone for repair now.

Jun 17, 2020 12:24 AM in response to Rajnish103

what, without trying a reset to factory? You will need to do that before sending off all your data anyway.

Threads that have had no activity for so many months are closed automatically, not by Apple and not for any underhand reason. After three years things have probably moved on or it was a rare glitch with no solution.

The most embarrassing threads with hundreds of responses are stull open.

Unresponsive screen - Power/wake-up button brings responsiveness back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.