You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loop Video Full Screen in iOS

Has anyone found a way to loop motion at full screen in iOS?

QuickTime Player and Keynote are incapable of looping a video. Anything in HTML, such as an animated GIF or JavaScript, will loop, but it won’t play full screen without browser chrome.

A slideshow in Photos app has a setting to turn on Repeat. But it repeats only the transition to the next slide; it cannot repeat a single slide.

I’ve checked out 20 apps in the App store. They boast that they achieve looping by running the clip in reverse. Many use the word “boomerang” as though it is a feature. I just want my movie (or animation) to play full screen over and over. Not in reverse. That’s all.

Am I right in concluding that the only way to do this is to write my own iOS app (with no boomerang)?

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 22, 2018 11:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2018 8:29 PM

I think VLC may do what you want. Save the video you want to loop in photos. Download the app. Then go to the video in photos and save to the VLC folder in files. In VLC, there is a loop once and a loop button.

VLC for Mobile by

VideoLAN

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlc-for-mobile/id650377962?mt=8

-AJ

5 replies

Dec 23, 2018 10:09 AM in response to Al Hatch

Try looking at this app to see if this would work for you.

This app has a full screen slide show feature that may do what you need it to do.

Photo Manager Pro 5

‎Photo Manager Pro 5 on the App Store

By putting a collection of images in a folder and organising these images within the folder, by name, you should be able to create a looping slide show in this app.

Loop Video Full Screen in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.