Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete a certificate, Mail recreates it on Mac OS X On Latest Mac OS X 10.11 , 10.12, 10.13, 10.14

Hello,

We are facing issues Certificate. Means Mail Certificates are recreating even after deleting old certificates. Tried to delete, but after opening the mail client, certificate gets recreated. And also cannot set deafult login certificate whereas two certificates resides on keychain one of which is I'm trying to delete it.

Can anyone help with this issue. This issues were facing on latest OS X i.e 10.11 , 10.12, 10.13, 10.14

Thanks

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 6:37 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your help, Tried with this, but not helped. We have resolved this in a different way. There is a option of "New Identity Preference" if you right click on your Login Certificate. Create a new Identity with email ID mentioning and select the certificate which you want to use with your email client.

Once you create identity, you can filter out it with kind of "Identity Preference" at "All Items" section and select the certificate which you want to use.

Thank you.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 6:37 PM in response to BDAqua

Hello,

Thanks for your help, Tried with this, but not helped. We have resolved this in a different way. There is a option of "New Identity Preference" if you right click on your Login Certificate. Create a new Identity with email ID mentioning and select the certificate which you want to use with your email client.

Once you create identity, you can filter out it with kind of "Identity Preference" at "All Items" section and select the certificate which you want to use.

Thank you.

Dec 26, 2018 10:15 AM in response to NetAnalysts

So, in my experience, the best way would be to revoke one of the two and Keychain will choose the remaining "valid" one. I have two valid certificates. One older one from Thawte, the new one from Verisign. I have just revoked my Thawte certificate and now I will wait a few days to see what will happen. It takes a bit of time to update the public status list from Thawte.

One more idea: When you click on the key symbol underneath the certificate then you see you can control access. You can withdraw access to the old certificate for Mail. Did you try that?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2190537

can't delete a certificate, Mail recreates it on Mac OS X On Latest Mac OS X 10.11 , 10.12, 10.13, 10.14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.