Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote incompatible update OS Sierra 10.12.6

I have recently updated my Mac to version 10.12.6, and now I am also unable to download the newest Keynote update, because the app store says that it is an 'incompatible update'.

How do I update Keynote?

Macbook (2015 or later)

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 5:01 AM

• the Mac App Store only has the latest version of Keynote available for download, older versions are not available
  • the latest version of Keynote is incompatible with Sierra
  • the version of Keynote that is compatible with Sierra is Keynote version to 7.3.1
  • Keynote 7.3.1 is no longer available, the only way to install 7.3.1 is to use a back up you made earlier, if you don't have a back up available, you will not have Keynote available to you with your present Mac OS
  • your profile shows you are using a MacBook 2015, therefore you can upgrade Mac OS to 10.14 (Mojave) and you can then download the current version of Keynote which is 8.3 from the Mac App Store. Double check that existing hardware is compatible with Mojave before upgrading.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2018 5:01 AM in response to cooper212

• the Mac App Store only has the latest version of Keynote available for download, older versions are not available
  • the latest version of Keynote is incompatible with Sierra
  • the version of Keynote that is compatible with Sierra is Keynote version to 7.3.1
  • Keynote 7.3.1 is no longer available, the only way to install 7.3.1 is to use a back up you made earlier, if you don't have a back up available, you will not have Keynote available to you with your present Mac OS
  • your profile shows you are using a MacBook 2015, therefore you can upgrade Mac OS to 10.14 (Mojave) and you can then download the current version of Keynote which is 8.3 from the Mac App Store. Double check that existing hardware is compatible with Mojave before upgrading.

Keynote incompatible update OS Sierra 10.12.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.