Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Update My Keynote

I recently updated to macOS Catalina. I've been trying to update Keynote but a message "Keynote cant be installed because macOS version 11 or higher is needed." How to fix that?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 8:55 AM

If you had previously installed Keynote from the Mac App Store on earlier releases of macOS, you may be able to get the last compatible version of it for Catalina.

Launch the Mac App Store, and sign in with the same Apple ID you had used to install Keynote previously. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased screen, and if Keynote is there with a blue cloud outline next to it, click that. It will open a dialog offering to install the last compatible version (v11.1) of Keynote for Catalina. That would also work to get Pages v11.1, and Numbers v11.1 too.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 8:55 AM in response to balots

If you had previously installed Keynote from the Mac App Store on earlier releases of macOS, you may be able to get the last compatible version of it for Catalina.

Launch the Mac App Store, and sign in with the same Apple ID you had used to install Keynote previously. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased screen, and if Keynote is there with a blue cloud outline next to it, click that. It will open a dialog offering to install the last compatible version (v11.1) of Keynote for Catalina. That would also work to get Pages v11.1, and Numbers v11.1 too.

Can't Update My Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.