Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air 2 blinking red battery and charging with lightning bolt

The entire display seen here is blinking on and off, on and off. What could this issue be?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 9:02 PM

This is the usual icon for when the battery is drained. If it's totally drained, just plug it in and it will eventually turn on after several minutes.

Now another answer for a different situation. I had an iPad Air where the red battery icon would come on even when the iPad had a charge. I think it's a glitch that may happen when the iPad is overcharged. A few times I was able to get it working again by restarting the iPad.

With the iPad connected to the power supply, I would do a restart. Push and hold in the Power button and the Home button at the same time until the iPad restarts. The screen will go dark and then the white Apple logo will show up. Then release the buttons.

If the Apple logo doesn't show up after a few seconds, keep the buttons held down. Sometimes it took two or three cycles of continuously holding down the buttons until it pops on. It's almost like it's cycling through the software to find a way on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 9:02 PM in response to 78tp

This is the usual icon for when the battery is drained. If it's totally drained, just plug it in and it will eventually turn on after several minutes.

Now another answer for a different situation. I had an iPad Air where the red battery icon would come on even when the iPad had a charge. I think it's a glitch that may happen when the iPad is overcharged. A few times I was able to get it working again by restarting the iPad.

With the iPad connected to the power supply, I would do a restart. Push and hold in the Power button and the Home button at the same time until the iPad restarts. The screen will go dark and then the white Apple logo will show up. Then release the buttons.

If the Apple logo doesn't show up after a few seconds, keep the buttons held down. Sometimes it took two or three cycles of continuously holding down the buttons until it pops on. It's almost like it's cycling through the software to find a way on.

Ipad air 2 blinking red battery and charging with lightning bolt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.