Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent iPhone 6 in for $29 battery replacement and received quote for $299 phone replacement--scam???

I sent in my iPhone 6 before the December 31 deadline to get it replaced for $28. I received an email the next day saying the phone was unable to get its batter replaced and I could choose to have it shipped back to me, pay $299 plus tax for them to replace it, or recycle it. When I called Apple to ask why they couldn't replace the battery, no one was able to give me a straight answer! I sent my phone in in perfect condition besides the battery that was dying too quickly (understandable since it is a very old iPhone 6 to have a wonky battery!)

Seems like a scam to me. Even looking online, an iPhone 6 from Best Buy or Walmart is only $99.99--$299 to replace it is obviously a rip-off! Seems like this $29 to get your battery replace is just a ruse for them to up charge you to "replace your phone." I am just hoping when they send my phone back to me, it is still in one piece and they didn't destroy it!

iPhone 6

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 11:32 AM

Wow, they sent it back to me unrepaired (I asked for it not to be repaired). Phone has been charging for over 2 hours and it won't turn out! It was great condition when I sent it in. Working perfectly besides the quickly dying battery. Talking to Apple Support right now. They better fix my phone or send a replacement since it's unacceptable for them to take it apart, put it back together, and for my phone to not be in the condition that I sent it in (not even functional anymore!!!)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2018 11:32 AM in response to deggie

Wow, they sent it back to me unrepaired (I asked for it not to be repaired). Phone has been charging for over 2 hours and it won't turn out! It was great condition when I sent it in. Working perfectly besides the quickly dying battery. Talking to Apple Support right now. They better fix my phone or send a replacement since it's unacceptable for them to take it apart, put it back together, and for my phone to not be in the condition that I sent it in (not even functional anymore!!!)

Dec 28, 2018 10:35 AM in response to ngoc48

They are quoting the out-of-warranty replacement cost of the phone which means they found other damage on your iPhone that precluded them from replacing the battery. Call AppleCare and ask to be transferred to Customer Service and see what your options are. It is not a scam and they have replaced millions of batteries.

Sent iPhone 6 in for $29 battery replacement and received quote for $299 phone replacement--scam???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.