Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Friends not showing watch location (3 LTE) when iphone stays at home

Hi,

Find my friends is not showing my watch’s location (3 with LTE) when my iPhone stays at home, it always shows the iPhone‘s location („home“).

LTE on the watch is active and works fine (e.g. for a watch call), all iOSes are on latest version.

Any idea?

Thx and cheers

Daniel

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 1:04 PM

It appears that you have selected your phone as the device to send your location:

Use Find My Friends on multiple devices

You can use Find My Friends on any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch that you own. However, only one iOS device can send your location to your followers. You can choose which one to use in Find My Friends:

• On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap a device under Share My Location From.
  • On your iPad, tap List > Me > Info, then tap a device under Share My Location From.

This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.

Above from:

Set up and use Find My Friends - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 1:04 PM in response to Densi2711

It appears that you have selected your phone as the device to send your location:

Use Find My Friends on multiple devices

You can use Find My Friends on any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch that you own. However, only one iOS device can send your location to your followers. You can choose which one to use in Find My Friends:

• On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap a device under Share My Location From.
  • On your iPad, tap List > Me > Info, then tap a device under Share My Location From.

This choice only appears when you're currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.

Above from:

Set up and use Find My Friends - Apple Support

Friends not showing watch location (3 LTE) when iphone stays at home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.