Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wavy diagonal lines

Hi everyone! I recently bought an iPad Pro 10.5" with the Apple Pencil but i immediately encountered the problem with using the pen. First thing that i found is that there is jitter when using a pen for scrolling through menus or some text or even websites. Secondly i found wavy diagonal lines when using drawing apps (Procreate, Bamboo Paper, Note). I tried to fix that problem with every instruction i found on the web, hard reset, network reset, unpairing pen, switching off/on BT, turning off "Zoom" option. I even subscribed on apple beta program and installed newest ios than downgraded back to version 12.1.1. Than i managed to get another new Apple pen and still i have the same problem. I think that there is some hardware problem. Specifically with sensors in the screen that seems to "catch" only half of horizontal points of the pen tip movement on the scree creating this wavy connection between those points. I think that that also causes the scrolling jitter but im not an expert. Therefore i would like to hear some more opinions and maybe to hear if someone had similar problem and hopefully easy solution. Thank you, Bane

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 3:46 PM

Yes I tightened the nib securely, on both pens. Also to mention that both pens are brand new. Waviness happens in every drawing app. When i speed up the waviness goes away but the movement has to be very fast. I also can see that the small jitter appears when i move the pen vertically on the screen. the line appears straight then but it seems to me like the drawing line goes through imagenery parallel vertical lines that kind a slow down the pen.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2018 3:46 PM in response to MichelPM

Yes I tightened the nib securely, on both pens. Also to mention that both pens are brand new. Waviness happens in every drawing app. When i speed up the waviness goes away but the movement has to be very fast. I also can see that the small jitter appears when i move the pen vertically on the screen. the line appears straight then but it seems to me like the drawing line goes through imagenery parallel vertical lines that kind a slow down the pen.

Dec 28, 2018 3:30 PM in response to branimir211

Make sure the tip of the Pencil is screwed on securely.

Does the diagonal line waviness go away if you speed up the velocity of tbe diagonal stroke in any drawing app?

This could just be a Procreate issue.

Does the diagonal wavy line issue happen in the drawing/sketch portion of the Apple iOS Notes app?

What about any other drawing or notes app?

Dec 29, 2018 7:53 AM in response to branimir211

How long have you had iPad Pro?

If has been for 14 days or less, bring it and the Pencil back into your nearest, “local” Apple Store and get another replacement iPad.

The iPad and/or maybe the Apple Pencil, too, maybe faulty.

When you get another new iPad Pro and Pencil, unbox and setup everything all up in the store and test everything in the store to see if this issue is gone on the replacement iPad.

Good Luck to You!

Wavy diagonal lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.