Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd Gen Apple Pencil - Skips/Glitch when writing

I've had my 2nd Gen pencil for over a year now, paired with a iPad Pro. However, I'm starting to notice skips/glitches when I'm writing (on Notability) or drawing (on Procreate).

There would be lines (appear like scratches) or multiple dots written/drawn while I use the pencil, but not all the time. I think something went wrong with the pencil - high pressure when writing/drawing (I have a habit of pressing down harder when writing), or the paper-like screen protector that could have scratched the tip of the pencil.

Is there any way the apple store has a spare tip? Or is my pencil just defective at this point. Or is it the iPad's problem?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 8:41 PM

mulybdenum Said:

"2nd Gen Apple Pencil - Skips/Glitch when writing: I've had my 2nd Gen pencil for over a year now, paired with a iPad Pro. However, I'm starting to notice skips/glitches when I'm writing (on Notability) or drawing (on Procreate). [...]Is there any way the apple store has a spare tip? Or is my pencil just defective at this point. Or is it the iPad's problem?"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled

Be certain there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully pair and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 8:41 PM in response to mulybdenum

mulybdenum Said:

"2nd Gen Apple Pencil - Skips/Glitch when writing: I've had my 2nd Gen pencil for over a year now, paired with a iPad Pro. However, I'm starting to notice skips/glitches when I'm writing (on Notability) or drawing (on Procreate). [...]Is there any way the apple store has a spare tip? Or is my pencil just defective at this point. Or is it the iPad's problem?"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled

Be certain there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully pair and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

2nd Gen Apple Pencil - Skips/Glitch when writing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.