Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Pencil keeps glitching

Hi!

My Apple Pencil keeps glitching on every app - drawing random lines and dots, like an electronic fountain pen spill. And it breaks up my writing.

I have the iPad Air (4th generation) and Apple Pencil 2nd Generation.

I've tried the following things:

• Changing my Apple Pencil Tip to a new one.
  • Restarting the iPad.
  • Factory reset the iPad.
  • Reconnecting the Apple Pencil.
  • Holding the metal side of the iPad while writing.
  • Removing the case and screen protector while writing.
  • Taking the iPad out the charger while writing.
  • Using different writings apps: GoodNotes5, Notability, even the Apple Notes App itself.

Also sometimes when I try to scroll, the iPad doesn't recognize my fingers but only the Apple Pencil, so I have to lock the screen.

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2022 5:21 PM

Time to use the “Get Support” link, in the bkack menu bar, at the upper right hand corner of every Apple Support Community Webpage to attempt to schedule an appointment with your nearest Apple Store location to have both your iPad and Apple Pencil diagnosed and options presented to you.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2022 5:21 PM in response to Samjunior

Time to use the “Get Support” link, in the bkack menu bar, at the upper right hand corner of every Apple Support Community Webpage to attempt to schedule an appointment with your nearest Apple Store location to have both your iPad and Apple Pencil diagnosed and options presented to you.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Best of Luck to You!

My Apple Pencil keeps glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.