Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil glitches

Hi, many times while writing with the apple pencil, the handwriting appears 1-3 mm beneath where I’ve been using the pencil on the ipad, so i am unable to write properly. This happens in many pdf annotating apps, note taking apps too.

Also, sometimes the apple pencil hangs while switching from pen to eraser and vice versa, and it doesn’t write anything unless I click 2-3 times on the pen/eraser tool.

i have ipad 11 inches 2nd generation, along with the 2nd generation apple pencil.

Anyone has any suggestions?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 12:41 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Apple Pencil. Can you confirm that you are updated to iPadOS 15.2?

Have you changed the tip recently, or ever? If you have not, I would recommend purchasing some new tips and confirm if the error persists.

If that doesn't help, forget the device in Bluetooth Settings, and then reset your network settings on your iPad.

Settings > Bluetooth > Apple Pencil > Forget this Device

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If this does not resolve your issue, I would contact Apple Support.

Hope this helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 12:41 AM in response to Jukebox_59

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Apple Pencil. Can you confirm that you are updated to iPadOS 15.2?

Have you changed the tip recently, or ever? If you have not, I would recommend purchasing some new tips and confirm if the error persists.

If that doesn't help, forget the device in Bluetooth Settings, and then reset your network settings on your iPad.

Settings > Bluetooth > Apple Pencil > Forget this Device

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If this does not resolve your issue, I would contact Apple Support.

Hope this helps.

Apple pencil glitches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.