Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Effects iPhone 8

I have an iPhone 8. The FaceTime effects are missing. I have 3 basic ones (text, filters, stickers) but that’s it. Everyone else seems to have an expanded set of effects. Thank you.

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 5:37 PM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2018 8:33 AM in response to broughwed

Hi, broughwed!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you are searching for FaceTime effects on your iPhone 8 but only see three for text, filters, and stickers. I'm happy to provide you with some information!

The Apple Support article Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support provides the iOS hardware and software requirements to use the various FaceTime effects. For example, you need an iPhone X or later to use effects like Animoji and Memoji. For earlier iPhone devices, like an iPhone 7 or iPhone 8, you have access to the other effects only, which are text, filters, shapes, etc.

Have a great day.

FaceTime Effects iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.