Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Account Has Been Disabled In The App Store And iTunes

Excuse me for being vulgar, but this has been the most annoying **** I have ever encountered in my life, and I want it to end. I want to speak for everyone who has this issue, and with as much detail as possible.

So, one day, out of nowhere, I start getting this notification every single time I try to buy a new app or update an previously downloaded app:

So, this activated my almonds. Why is this happening? Keep in mind, this came totally out of the blue. I haven't been notified of any foul play on my side that may have gone against Apple's Terms and Conditions.

I then go on the Internet and try to find a solution.

I was told to change the password of my Apple ID, log out of my Apple ID, and log in again. I have done this twice. Logging out of an Apple ID is an arduous test of my patience, because I am given a whole checklist of stuff I am told I need to backup, and then I have to wait a billion years just to log out of an account I'm going to immediately log back into.

I was then told that maybe it was because of my payment information. Maybe there was something wrong with it? Just a month ago, my card was compromised by a shady gas stop, so it needed to be changed. I haven't updated it, so maybe this was the problem?

I try to update my payment information. I'm first told that "This Apple ID has been disabled and cannot redeem codes". So, like any other reasonable human being, I thought to myself "What the fuck is this?" But then, when I try to update it again, the story changes to "This is the wrong card number, change it". I copied the correct card number with the correct digits and everything, so what the ****?

But then, when I give even more updated information (like for example, it had my old address, so I chose to put my new one for the sake of being accurate), every single time I tried to update it, it would give me the little loading circle and then just give up and give me the option to save it again, an option I already chose.

What's the deal? I've read every "solution" in the book, I have done nothing wrong, and the only real option I have left is to just contact Apple Support, but how am I supposed to know if they're going to listen to my story and just say "Okay, lemme just flip the switch and enable your Apple ID to be useful again". How would they even do that? I'm very upset and at this point, I'm just thinking about giving up and straight up making a new Apple ID.

If anyone's out there, please reach out to me as soon as possible. I'm just a customer like you and all I want is for my stuff to work again.

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2018 9:00 PM

contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Similar questions

1 reply

Your Account Has Been Disabled In The App Store And iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.