Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with destination folder.

Hello every one. The following question that I hope someone can help to answer. I use DXO pro for editing my images. When I send some of the edited images to the original folder or to another folder, I get a message 'the destination folder cannot be found'. Does anyone has an idea what the trouble may be? I work with a early 2008 Mac Pro....yes, 10 years now and still going strong....

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 8:15 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 30, 2018 9:42 AM in response to Hansio

<<"read & write is permitted">>

permitted for whom? There are three distinct classes of setting there.

The top setting with the one-person icon is for the named file Owner (davey in my example, which is NOT ME)

the middle setting is for the named Group associated with the file. This may be a group of which you are a member, or may not be.

The bottom setting (everyone) is for all users.

what do they say, exactly?

Dec 30, 2018 3:27 PM in response to Hansio

Clean My Mac is complete garbage. It does nothing a Mac User needs to do. It works counter to the memory management in Mavericks and later, and slows down your Mac instead of speeding it up.

It has a history of throwing out parts of MacOS it decided were not needed, causing spectacular crashes, as well as many other not so spectacular problems.

You may need to re-Install MacOS after you delete CleanMyMac.

Dec 30, 2018 9:36 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Good morning Brand,

I did read your advice and decided that perhaps there could be a more easy option besides installing a fresh OS.

I removed my present DXO and everything with it and after that I made a fresh install of it.

It seems that it lost the routing to the folders and now everything is working fine again.

Maybe it's time to replace the old Mac one of these years, but first have to do some saving money for that....

Thanks anyhow for your time and efforts to guide through the wonder world of Mac.

Have nice New Year and once again....thanks.

Hans

Problem with destination folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.