Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help! Problem With swap on IMovie

I have the lastest version of IMovie and I'm trying to edit this project but the swap button isn't working. I have my clip set to picture to picture and swap, but as you can see below when i play the video the picture that is supposed to be smaller then the video takes up the whole screen. When i hover my mouse over the clip ,however, it plays how i want. This is probably and obvious fix, but I'm new to IMovie and still trying to figure everything out. Thanks :).

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 9:55 AM

Hi, Erin,

I am not quite following the procedural steps that you are taking to set the Picture in Picture. Are you remembering to click the blue reset button at the top right of your screen, to apply the settings. So, after placing your initial overlay PIP, click on reset to apply the setting. Then click on Picture in Picture again and apply the Swap to interchange the inset picture with the larger picture so that the larger picture becomes the smaller inset picture. Then click on the Reset button to apply the change.

Here's a link to Apple's online Help menu that will explain the Picture in Picture procedure in more detail:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mova1aaa682b

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2019 9:55 AM in response to Erinfromnh

Hi, Erin,

I am not quite following the procedural steps that you are taking to set the Picture in Picture. Are you remembering to click the blue reset button at the top right of your screen, to apply the settings. So, after placing your initial overlay PIP, click on reset to apply the setting. Then click on Picture in Picture again and apply the Swap to interchange the inset picture with the larger picture so that the larger picture becomes the smaller inset picture. Then click on the Reset button to apply the change.

Here's a link to Apple's online Help menu that will explain the Picture in Picture procedure in more detail:

https://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.1/#/mova1aaa682b

-- Rich

Please help! Problem With swap on IMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.