Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie glitch with snapping when resizing

I'm not sure if I can explain this properly, but I'll try.

I had to edit a horizontal video, but crop it for TikTok and Instagram for vertical video.

I edited it together, selected all the edits then used the crop > Crop to Fill tool to crop it the way I wanted it. But the problem is, it keeps snapping to the centre which is what I don't want.

I did discover that if you hold the command key, it'll let you move your cropped area around without it snapping.

HOWEVER... The problem is that it'll only effect the the clip that the timeline arrow is on. Even if all the edited clips are selected, the rest will all snap to centre except the one the time lien arrow is on. It will NOT keep the same cropped area for all the selections.

This is a horrible problem I'd like to see Apple address. It's making a mess out of my video.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 12:24 AM

Crop and select your first clip. Then Edit/Copy it. Then select all of the other clips as a batch. Then do Edit/Paste Adjustments/Crop. That will make the crop the same for all clips, and hopefully the snapping won’t occur. Not sure, but worth a try.

— Rich

Similar questions

2 replies

iMovie glitch with snapping when resizing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.