Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated Prompted to enter Apple ID/iTunes Password

For about a week now I am getting random prompts to enter my Apple ID & Password to sign in to iCloud. It doesn't appear to be preceded by any specific replicable action, but it is getting annoying. It seems to accept my password when I enter it, but a while later it'll ask again.

I am using the latest versions of iOS & OSX. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 1:09 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2019 1:11 PM in response to adamfromtempe

When you get the prompt, are you signed into iCloud?

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J.  When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.  Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash. 

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned from Kurt Lang

Password - Device keeps asking for your iCloud login - 5 fixes for iCloud login bug, in iOS 8 and iOS 9

Sign in - How to stop iCloud from asking you to repeatedly on iPhone and iPad

Repeated Prompted to enter Apple ID/iTunes Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.