Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need an iPhone to usb for hp printer, what cable should I buy?

I need an iPhone to usb for hp printer,what cable should I buy

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 8:12 AM

Hello Brodie1951,

It sounds like you're attempting to print documents directly from your iPhone, through a hardwired connection. As it turns out, Apple doesn't manufacture an adapter for such. In order to print directly from iOS, you must have a printer that supports AirPrint. The USB-Only section at the very bottom notes use for Mac only.

If the Hewlett-Packard printer you own is compatible, or you have purchased a compatible model, follow the directions here to get printing: Use AirPrint to print from iOS.

To add on to mdhurst, an aftermarket adapter may have the correct connections, but your iOS device and/or printer may not support it. Apple's tempting Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter only supports camera/photo imports and MIDI devices.

If you still need help after that, please get in touch with Apple Support here: Contact Apple Support.

Regards,

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2019 8:12 AM in response to Brodie1951

Hello Brodie1951,

It sounds like you're attempting to print documents directly from your iPhone, through a hardwired connection. As it turns out, Apple doesn't manufacture an adapter for such. In order to print directly from iOS, you must have a printer that supports AirPrint. The USB-Only section at the very bottom notes use for Mac only.

If the Hewlett-Packard printer you own is compatible, or you have purchased a compatible model, follow the directions here to get printing: Use AirPrint to print from iOS.

To add on to mdhurst, an aftermarket adapter may have the correct connections, but your iOS device and/or printer may not support it. Apple's tempting Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter only supports camera/photo imports and MIDI devices.

If you still need help after that, please get in touch with Apple Support here: Contact Apple Support.

Regards,

Jan 3, 2019 8:05 AM in response to Brodie1951

Please be aware that depending on the Printer even with the correct cable it may not print. You are looking for the following Lighting to MIDI Cable, USB 2.0 Cable Lighting to Type-B High Speed Cord for iPhone/iPad/iPod, Interconnections Converter Midi Keyboard,Audio$18.99Amazon.comNo tax - This one is on Amazon.

How to print from your phone or tablet – Quill.com Bloghttps://www.quill.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-print-from-your-phone-or-tablet.html

Apple stores stock a fairly wide selection of various cables that they do not put on display, you need to ask for them, they might have them in the local Apple Store.

I need an iPhone to usb for hp printer, what cable should I buy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.