Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail preferences pane problem in Mac OS

Preferences pane is labeled “signature” and contains no content.

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 8:34 AM

I found this procedure that was a solution for me:

• Quit the Mail application if it is open.

• Select Finder in the Dock.

• Navigate to "/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Preferences" in the finder ( hold down the “option” key while viewing the “Go” menu for Finder to find the Library folder ).

• Look for the file "com.apple.mail.plist" in the folder.

• Click and drag the file into the trash icon on your desktop ( or right-click and select “Move to Trash” ).

• Start Mail. You do not need to restart the Mac.

When I subsequently selected preferences, the preferences pane opened correctly — with all menus and content.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2019 8:34 AM in response to daniel.s

I found this procedure that was a solution for me:

• Quit the Mail application if it is open.

• Select Finder in the Dock.

• Navigate to "/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Preferences" in the finder ( hold down the “option” key while viewing the “Go” menu for Finder to find the Library folder ).

• Look for the file "com.apple.mail.plist" in the folder.

• Click and drag the file into the trash icon on your desktop ( or right-click and select “Move to Trash” ).

• Start Mail. You do not need to restart the Mac.

When I subsequently selected preferences, the preferences pane opened correctly — with all menus and content.

Mail preferences pane problem in Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.