Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Preferences Pane Not Displaying

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding Mail Preferences on my MacBook Pro (Late 2016 - 15"). When I open the Mail Preferences pane (or any of its sub-menus) from the Mail application, the following type of window is shown (here is the 'signatures' pane):

User uploaded file

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue? What ideas do you all have to resolve the situation? I did update my Mac to the latest OS (10.14.1) after I first noted the issue, and I have restarted Mail several times.

With thanks,

zfJames

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 11:33 AM

6 replies

Dec 3, 2018 11:56 AM in response to zfJames

Does this hold true if you are online as well?

Did you try a SafeBoot and test your Mail ? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Having a current back up would be imperative in order to fall back unscathed if complications ensue—with that said

Mail preference window problems have been resolved in certain circumstances:

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents.

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly.

Mail Preferences Pane Not Displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.