Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x power off with broken screen

How do i power down my iphone x with unresponsive screen? Im stuck at "Hello" screen.

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 10:12 AM

I have solved the problem. I followed with the force restart procedure and kept holding the side button for ~30 seconds even after the apple logo.

6 replies

Jan 5, 2019 9:44 AM in response to santerrs123

See this,

If your screen is black or frozen

If your screen is black or frozen, you might need to force restart your device. A force restart won't erase the content on your device. You can force restart your device even if the screen is black or the buttons aren't responding. Follow these steps:

• On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Jan 5, 2019 9:53 AM in response to santerrs123

If the screen remains unresponsive, then you cannot shut it off. The only two ways to power it off are via the settings app (requires screen input) or holding the power button and swiping to slide off. If you cannot enter anything at the screen you cannot power it off. Take it in to Apple or an Authorized service center to get the display replaced.

Iphone x power off with broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.