Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiscreen not working HP USB C Dock G4

Hi all,

I have a HP USB C Dock G4 on my Macbook Pro 15'' 2017 with Touchbar and i would like to use a multiscreen setup. Now i have the screen of my Macbook and 2 external screens, 1 on the HDMI port and 1 on the Displayport. The external screens are duplicating the same output and the Macbook is the main screen..

How can i use this dock with 3 screens without duplicating a screen..?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 3:29 PM

Hey, I have the same issue. The docking station is able to support more then one monitor but the problem with that is it’s not programmed to work with the same USB c input. I bought another USB c to HDMI which resulted to having two USB c’s connected to my MacBook. And that worked! :)

kind of ***** because I only wanted one USB c going into my MacBook.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 3:29 PM in response to Dennis_Netten

Hey, I have the same issue. The docking station is able to support more then one monitor but the problem with that is it’s not programmed to work with the same USB c input. I bought another USB c to HDMI which resulted to having two USB c’s connected to my MacBook. And that worked! :)

kind of ***** because I only wanted one USB c going into my MacBook.

Multiscreen not working HP USB C Dock G4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.